CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 28, 2008

Gettysburg and Hershey


This weekend we went on another quick get-a-way! It was so much fun. We went to Gettysburg and Hershey. We went with our friends Jake and Katie Bell. Gettysburg was about 3.5 hrs. away. I drove most of the way there Saturday night which was the most I have driven since being here- it was good to be behind the wheel again!! :) We stayed at the Hilton in Gettysburg- Jason loved the hotel it was very bright and the colors looked fabulous! He kept making comments on it :) Sunday morning we went to church and it started raining, lightning, and thundering while we were in church but as soon as we left it cleared up and was a beautiful day. We went to the Gettysburg visitor's center and went on a tour it was so neat to see all the history there! We had a picnic and then went and saw some of the different battlefields. We also went to the Gettysburg college where Remember the Titans was filmed. Gettysburg was the place that Jason really wanted to see while we were out here so I am so glad that we were able to go!!! Then we went to Hershey which was chocolate heaven!! I loved it! The street lights were probably my favorite- they were kisses- some had wrappers on and some were naked- so cute!!! It is so neat to see all these amazing places out here on the east coast!! We are so blessed to have all these neat experiences!!

9 comments:

Suzanne Gnehm said...

Your guys look like you are having so much fun. I am glad you get to do some quick trips while you are out there. See you soon.

Anonymous said...

Thanks I miss you to. :( I'm glad you like my background I finally found a good one haha

Karen said...

I'm glad you guys were able to go to gettysburg, it's pretty cool to see all the history there.

The Colbys... written by Erin said...

You guys are adorable! We want to get to Gettysburg soon and I was even more excited when looking at your pics! Congrats on you 2 month anniversary a bit ago! We love you guys and think you're great!

jEsSiCa said...

Those are awesome pictures! How fun. Seriously jealous! I want to see the East coast so bad some day:) Maybe Ty will take me:)

Anonymous said...

i love that you guys have time to do this!! what good ideas!! i am so glad you're having fun out there!!!

ClaysJenna said...

Looks like SO much fun! You two are just darling!! I wish I lived just hours away from places like that:)

kara said...

Stop having so much fun over the weekend. Sheesh. Sorry about the tag thing, I haven't been on here in a while. I'll see you soon though!

Staci shWilliams said...

Very fun! I hope you are having a great time with your family right now!! And I just have to say the earrings you are wearing in that pciture of you and Jason under Gettysburg are darling!!!!